ThinkArgus is looking for a dynamic Creative Director to lead our award-winning creative team. The ideal candidate believes in the power of ideas, enjoys a challenge, and is intensely passionate about the ability for great creative work to change lives.
ThinkArgus is a marketing and communications firm that sells good, not goods. We are made up of thinkers, storytellers, strategists, and creatives who give a sh*t. We help purpose-driven organizations hone their voice, amplify their mission, and tell their story. Call it branding, call it marketing, call it communications. For us, it’s doing work that matters.
What We Expect
Creativity and Passion. You are a creative and confident leader, ready to inspire and drive the creative team. You love coming up with big ideas born out of strategy — never developing flashy creative just to show off. You come to every project with creativity and passion but are tempered by a willingness to listen and understand different points of view. You understand the importance of paying attention to the little things — after all, the devil’s in the details!
Talent and Soul. You will be responsible for setting the creative vision and maintaining our agency creative standards. You can pitch and sell a client on ideas and conceptions and know how to guide them through the creative process. You have experience with art direction and copywriting.
Hustle and Attention to Details. You can juggle many balls in the air, while understanding how to prioritize and meet competing deadlines. You have worked at agencies before and understand that deliverables need to be both flawless and done on time.
Leadership and Accountability. You are comfortable making decisions — about creative work and about staffing. You will mentor, manage, and motivate your team. You feel personally accountable for the quality of creative output, including proofing, reviewing, and critiquing the work of junior designers. You strive to cultivate an environment where everyone is 100% vested in the success of others. You truly care about the work, the results, and your team. You seek to maintain consistently high standards that enhance our capabilities as an agency.
- Manage the creative process from concept to completion
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies
- Lead and direct the creative team in the production of all collateral and campaigns
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met
- Oversee deliverables, timelines, and budgets
- Review work, troubleshoot, and provide feedback to the creative team
- Remain actively involved in hiring and training creative staff
- Manage and cultivate the career development of the members of the creative team
- 10+ years of experience in a creative leadership role
- Strong working knowledge of what goes into successful marketing campaigns and brand development
- Advanced experience in managing creative development with proven mentoring, supervisory, and team-building skills
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and productive, timely feedback to the members of the creative team
- Stellar communication and presentation skills
- Experience building trusting relationships both internally and with clients and vendors
- Proven track record of producing strong, sound, unexpected concepts and inspiring the same within your team
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across teams to make sure the best work gets done well and in a timely fashion
ThinkArgus is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or favorite sports team, we believe that our workplace is at its best when everyone is their most authentic self.
We offer a competitive salary, high quality benefits, a beautifully designed downtown Boston workspace, and the best office happy hours around. Forward your resume, salary requirements, and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a full-time, on-site position.