Full Time, Hybrid in Boston
We are looking for an experienced Art Director to join our award-winning creative team. The ideal candidate can take big ideas born out of strategy and create beautiful comps and presentations that convey meaning and impact. To be considered, we hope to see your portfolio that includes 2-3 years of experience designing, concepting and executing across a variety of channels including print, video, social, experiential and digital.
If this sounds like we’re describing you, keep reading and apply. We’d love to hear from you!
ThinkArgus is a marketing and communications firm that sells good, not goods. We are made up of thinkers, storytellers, strategists, and creatives who give a sh*t. We help purpose-driven organizations hone their voice, amplify their mission, and tell their story. Call it branding, call it marketing, call it communications. For us, it’s doing work that matters.
- Able to concept and deliver a range of options within an existing brand or new, for project layouts and design
- Work to develop new ideas, creative concepts and design solutions
- Create production-ready designs and layouts and establish the look/tone/feel for campaigns and executions.
- Convey ideas through well-designed presentations, ensure high standards while creating and maintaining the visual look and feel for all client work. Make certain that all marketing materials are engaging, and messaging is clear.
- Pitch concepts internally to the creative directors and account team
- Attend strategic and tactical meetings to develop campaigns that reflect the objectives for clients
- Review designers’ work, provide clear, timely and actionable direction and feedback
- Research and uncover new ways to incorporate emerging and new media formats into client work and campaigns with trends, technologies, and best practices
- Collaborate with designers, copywriters, UX designers and creative teams
- Metrics-driven and ability to interpret into designs that move the needle
- An expert understanding of accessibility, creating experiences that meet the customer’s expectations, and implements accessibility processes throughout the brands.
- 2-3 years of experience as an Art Director in an agency or in-house setting
- Experience generating and developing concepts based on creative strategy
- Strong working knowledge of what goes into successful marketing campaigns and brand development
- Experience building trusting relationships both internally and with clients and vendors
- Proven track record of producing strong, sound and unexpected concepts and inspiring the same from the team
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Suite applications, Figma, Google Suite products, and a Mac environment. Motion is a plus
- Stellar communication and presentation skills
As a high-growth agency, we want you to succeed and grow here, how you approach your job is as important as what you accomplish in your position. Traits that make a successful Art Director:
- Able to give and receive feedback in ways that are appropriate, constructive, and considerate
- Experience juggling many balls in the air while understanding how to prioritize and meet competing deadlines
- Driven to meet every project with creativity and passion but are tempered by a willingness to listen and understand different points of view
- Curious and driven to do well
- Never takes the easy way out, digs in and enjoys a job well done
- Able to manage up and down and get the desired results
ThinkArgus is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or favorite sports team, we believe that our workplace is at its best when everyone is their most authentic self.
We offer a competitive salary, high quality benefits, a beautifully designed downtown Boston workspace and the best office happy hours around. Forward your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. This is a full-time, hybrid position.