Senior Art Director
If you go to sleep everyday with ideas swirling in your head and are excited to wake up and bring them to life – we’re looking for you to join our creative team as Art Director.
We are looking for someone with proven conceptual strengths and campaign experience. Working with our Creative Director you will take leadership of your ideas, solve unique problems, work in a mix of mediums including branding, campaign, digital, multimedia, out of home, activation, and broadcast – while inspiring junior creatives. It takes passion to do this job, and passion is what fuels our creativity.
What We Expect
- Communication through Creative
You have big ideas, but more importantly, you can convey those ideas through beautiful comps and presentations. You love pushing the boundaries of creativity and marketing. You are excited about insights and strategy — never developing flashy creative just to show off, but meaningful creative that has intended impact with the target audience. You want to do work that helps the community by solving human problems through thoughtful campaigns and tactics.
- Passion and Insight
You come to every project with creativity and passion but are tempered by a willingness to listen and understand different points of view. As a stellar Art Director you look for ideas where others don’t, pulling specs of an idea that you can mold into clear creative vision. You know when to push an idea and when to put it to the side, as well as bringing unique ways of conveying that vision. You understand the importance of paying attention to the little things — after all, the devil’s in the details!
- Hustle and Attention to Detail
You can juggle many balls in the air, while understanding how to prioritize and meet competing deadlines. You have worked at agencies before and understand that deliverables need to be both flawless and done on time.
- Ongoing development of new ideas, creative concepts, build out what the vision is, present ideas internally and externally, and thoughtful design solutions
- Creation of production-ready designs and layouts, establish the look/tone/feel for campaigns and executions and convey ideas through well-designed presentations
- Create and maintain the visual look and feel for all client work, making sure the marketing materials are engaging and the message is clear
- Direct the visual elements of client work and campaigns
- Instruct the creative team’s designers to execute the agreed upon vision
- Ensure a high standard of visual execution across all client work and campaigns
- Attend brainstorming sessions with other creative team members to develop concepts for existing clients and potential new business
- Pitch concepts internally to the creative director and account team
- Review designers’ work and provide clear and timely direction and feedback
- Inspire and motivate the creative team to be creatively progressive and inventive
- Research and uncover new ways to incorporate emerging and new media formats into client work and campaigns
- 2+ years of experience as an Art Director in an agency environment
- Experience generating and developing concepts and strategy
- Strong working knowledge of what goes into successful marketing campaigns and brand development
- Experience in managing creative development with proven mentoring, supervisory and team-building skills
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and productive, timely feedback to the members of the creative team
- Stellar communication and presentation skills
- Experience building trusting relationships both internally and with clients and vendors
- Proven track record of producing strong, sound and unexpected concepts and inspiring the same within your team
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across teams to make sure the best work gets done well and in a timely fashion
- Background in and knowledge of art history, photography, graphic design and typography
ThinkArgus is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or favorite sports team, we believe that our workplace is at its best when everyone is their most authentic self.
We offer a competitive salary, high quality benefits, a beautifully designed downtown Boston workspace and the best office happy hours around.
Apply via LinkedIn or forward your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Usually this is a full-time, on-site position, however due to COVID-19, all ThinkArgus employees are currently working from home.