Director of Client Services
ThinkArgus is looking for an amazing Director of Client Services to manage some of our biggest accounts, as well as our award-winning account team. The ideal candidate is excited, passionate, proactive, and driven by creating great work that changes behaviors and impacts the world around us. You also have prior agency experience and have previously held management positions.
ThinkArgus is a marketing and communications firm that sells good, not goods. We are made up of thinkers, storytellers, strategists, and creatives who give a sh*t. We help purpose-driven organizations hone their voice, amplify their mission, and tell their story. Call it branding, call it marketing, call it communications. For us, it’s doing work that matters.
What We Expect
Drive and Business savvy. You are a master communicator and consistently strive to convey information clearly and concisely to everyone. You are quick to roll up your sleeves and hack your way out of any problem. You can pitch and sell a client on ideas and conceptions and know how to guide them through strategy and the creative process. And most importantly, you build client relationships, understand your clients’ business needs, and provide invaluable insights that move the needle.
Hustle and Attention to Detail. You can juggle many balls in the air, while understanding how to prioritize and meet competing deadlines. You have worked in an agency environment and understand that deliverables need to be both flawless and done on time. You thrive in a dynamic environment and are excited about adopting new processes and taking on new clients.
Leadership and Accountability. You are comfortable making decisions and will mentor, manage, and motivate your team. You feel personally accountable for the quality of the work delivered to clients, while keeping in mind budgetary requirements. You strive to cultivate an environment where everyone is 100% vested in the success of others. You truly care about the work, the results, and your team. You seek to maintain consistently high standards that enhance our capabilities as an agency.
- Manage the account team (approximately 6-10 people) and set up goals and objectives for each person, ensuring growth and opportunity
- Mentor, manage, and inspire the members of the account team
- Collaborate across teams to ensure the timely delivery of work to clients
- Serve as the senior agency contact across multiple established and emerging accounts
- Establish strong relationships with clients and potential new business connections
- Understand the clients’ business challenges to inform strategy
- Anticipate and navigate around potential pitfalls and know when to escalate issues
- Resolve issues to maintain and strength client trust and relationships
- Actively evaluate creative work and provide insightful feedback
- Collaborate with senior leadership to plan growth of assigned clients and business segments
- Agency background and experience in traditional advertising and direct marketing
- Exceptional new business and client-facing skills (experience leading meetings and pitching)
- Fluency in all forms of media including direct mail, print, broadcast
- Experience in growing, managing, and inspiring internal teams; strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong ability to plan and strategize at a senior level
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated budget management and resource planning experience
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment
- Background in social marketing is a plus
ThinkArgus is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or favorite sports team, we believe that our workplace is at its best when everyone is their most authentic self.
We offer a competitive salary, high quality benefits, a beautifully designed downtown Boston workspace, and the best office happy hours around. Forward your resume, salary requirements, and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com. This is a full-time, on-site position.