Creative Resource Manager
ThinkArgus is looking for an enthusiastic and effective Creative Resource Manager/Production Manager to join our amazing and award-winning creative team. The ideal candidate believes that detailed planning, fast thinking, collaboration, positivity, and the occasional pivot can solve almost anything. This person also has that magical ability to see into the future – okay, maybe they can’t see into the future, but they certainly have foresight. Our new Creative Resource Manager will successfully work with our creative team, account management team, strategy, and the leadership team to identify and coordinate creative workflow and project allocation and align necessary resources to ensure agency and client success.
What makes you a great match?
- Strong leadership with a soft touch
This crucial position sits smack-dab in the middle of the agency. This means that you love working with people, and are good at it. You know that strong leadership is necessary to ensure everyone does what they need to do to produce stellar work. You also have a keen understanding of what makes people tick and can adapt to support different kinds of personalities. You can be a cheerleader, a therapist, a drill sergeant, or a nag – whatever makes each individual team member most successful. And most importantly, you quiet the drama, never bringing it to the table.
- Change is the only constant
You understand that change is part of the creative process. You aren’t looking to mitigate change; you are looking to harness its power and momentum! For instance, when timelines go awry or our normal processes doesn’t make sense, you know how to get your team excited while keeping them safe in those uncharted territories. Additionally, you are excited and comfortable with the idea of learning and adopting new process and software. As a growing agency, we’re looking for you to bring new tools.
- Hustle and Attention to Details
Attention to detail is key. You have an eagle eye that is looking for things that don’t even cross the average person’s mind. You also know how to multitask – not how to do many things at the same time – but you can juggle many balls in the air, while understanding how to prioritize and meet competing deadlines. You have worked at agencies before and understand that deliverables need to be both flawless and done on time.
- Accountability and Quality
As part of both the creative team and as a key member of the agency overall, you believe your success is measured not just by hitting deadlines and budgets, but by the quality of the creative work. You are invested in the work and know how important it is that we’re all proud of what goes out the door.
- Coordinate with the creative, account management, and strategy teams to build, maintain, and track creative resource management plans and processes throughout the whole duration of a client project
- Ability to communicate to team leadership on resource needs and share recommended processes when developing client project plans
- Liaison between agency teams on creative resources and plans so that everyone has a full understanding of what is needed and what is expected
- Monitor creative teams’ productivity and utilization and make recommendations for better efficiency to leadership
- Constantly resourcing external vendors and talent
- Identify areas for improvement throughout the duration of a project and make necessary changes to assure deadlines and client satisfaction
- Ensure creative talent is thoroughly onboarded and equipped for success
- Help facilitate creative team invoicing for efficient processing. Work with finance and creatives to mitigate any issues surrounding payment.
- Determine project risk and opportunities based on production constraints on an ongoing basis to manage the quality of the product for all creative projects
- Collaborate with the account team on preparation of marketing recommendations, strategies and actions for the client, ensures proper billing and invoicing of vendors
- 5+ years of experience in a creative resource, traffic manager, or production manager role – hopefully with experience in more than one of those departments
- Good understanding of how interactive, print, and broadcast pieces get concepted, designed, and produced
- Leadership qualities and strong negotiation skills, with an adaptable personality and communication style and the ability to be diplomatic or firm when necessary in order to obtain results
- Experience building trusting relationships both internally and with clients and vendors
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across teams to make sure the best work gets done well and in a timely fashion
ThinkArgus is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or favorite sports team, we believe that our workplace is at its best when everyone is their most authentic self.
We offer a competitive salary, high quality benefits, a beautifully designed downtown Boston workspace, and the best office happy hours around. Forward your resume, salary requirements, and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com. This is a full-time, on-site position.